"you" means you as an individual and your has a corresponding meaning.
What TAS collects
TAS collects from you:
- Your Personal Information (including Your Sensitive Information); and
- Personal Information (including Sensitive Information) about anyone else that you give to TAS.
You must make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, up-to-date and not misleading when it is disclosed to TAS.
How TAS collects your Personal Information
TAS collects Your Personal Information when you
- Use the TAS Products & Services on your computer, mobile, tablet or any other electronic device;
- register as a TAS Developer;
- submit your completed TAS Security and Privacy Questionnaire to TAS;
- Use TAS Trouble Shooting Support;
- communicate with TAS; and
- enter into any TAS competitions and promotions.
How TAS will Use your Personal Information
TAS will only use and disclose to Third Parties your Personal Information:
for the Purpose of providing you with the TAS Products & Services, including to:
- communicate with you;
- verify your identity when you register to become a TAS Developer;
- administer your TAS Developer account;
- provide you with a good user experience;
- develop new features and content; and
- keep you updated on things that are happening at TAS;
- for any other Purpose you authorise;
- for the Purpose of TAS (or any member of the TAS Group) selling all or most of TAS' assets; and
- to comply with TAS' Legal Obligations.
How long TAS hold's your Personal Information
TAS will hold your Personal Information for as long as your Personal Information is required for the Purposes and for as long as is necessary for TAS to comply with its Legal Obligations.
How TAS protects your Personal Information
TAS will use reasonable care to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, and loss.
TAS may transfer your Personal Information to other countries
In order to provide you with the TAS Products & Services, TAS may need to disclose and transfer your Personal Information to Third Parties located in a different country from where you live, including countries located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If those countries do not have data protection laws comparable to the data protection laws of Your country of residence (such as the protections required under the Directive 95/46/EC for the transfer of personal data to third countries), then TAS will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information (including any Sensitive Information) is protected in those countries. For example, if you live in a country not located in the EEA, a step that TAS will take is to enter into data protection arrangements with the Third Party based on the "Model Contracts for the transfer of personal data from the EU/EEA to third countries".
What happens if you don't give TAS Your Personal Information
If you decide not to give TAS Your Personal Information, then you:
- will not be able to use the TAS Products & Services;
- can't be a TAS Developer; and
- won't be kept updated on things that are happening at TAS
If you think that your privacy rights have been breached, you can make a written complaint to TAS. Contact details can be found here https://www.talentappstore.com/contact
Request access your Personal Information:
You have the right to access any Personal Information that TAS holds about you. If TAS cannot give you access to the Personal Information that you have requested, then TAS will let you know the legal reasons for not disclosing your Personal Information. If you are not happy with our legal reasons, then you have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: http://www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
Request correction of your Personal Information:
You have the right to request correction of the Personal Information that TAS holds about you. TAS will correct your Personal Information if it is necessarily to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading. If TAS decides that it is not necessary to correct your Personal Information, TAS will let you know the legal reasons for TAS' decision. If you are not happy with our legal reasons, then you have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: http://www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
Cookies: A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer, mobile, tablet or any other electronic device when you visit the TAS Website, TAS Platform, TAS Forum or the Talent App Store. Cookies allow the relevant website to recognise a user's device. There are two types of cookies:
- Session cookies are used to store information about your activities so you can easily move from one webpage to another. These cookies act like a "bookmark" tracking your movement from webpage to webpage of a website so that you do not have to provide the same information that you have already given on earlier webpages. Session cookies only remain in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are used to store your preferences in order to improve your experience on future visits to a website. For example, these cookies can remember log-in details or language preferences so that you don't have to continually re-enter these each time you visit the website. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser after you have closed your browser, and activate again when you next visit that website
To enable some of the special website features and functionality you will need to permit TAS to place cookies on your device. If you choose not to, then those features and functionality will not be available to you.
You can always remove or block cookies by using the settings in your browser but it may affect your ability to use the website For more information about cookies, including how to adjust your internet browser settings to reject cookies, you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
- App: means any applications, products or services developed by you or anyone else using the TAS Platform.
- including: means "including without limitation".
- Legal Obligations: means any legal or regulatory obligation that TAS has under the laws of any relevant any country in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, storage or processing of your Personal Information.
- Personal Information: means any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual, and includes Sensitive Information, and references to "your Personal Information" also include any Personal Information that you provide to TAS about someone else.
- Sensitive Information: means information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sex life.
- TAS: means Aotal Limited, a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of New Zealand.
- TAS Developer: means anyone that TAS agrees to become a TAS Developer to develop Apps using the TAS Products & Services.
- TAS Group: means TAS and companies or other entities that TAS owns or controls (or that own or control TAS) and all owners, directors, officers, employees, agents and licensors of those companies or other entities, but always excludes you.
- TAS Products & Services: means the TAS Website, the TAS Platform, the TAS Forum, the Talent App Store, your Apps and anyone else's Apps, (" Mediums") and the supply of any product or service (Including any TAS Apps), whether free or paid for, from TAS (or from anyone else via any of the Mediums) to you or any of your customers.
- TAS Security and Privacy Questionnaire: means the TAS security and privacy questionnaire provided by TAS each time you submit your App for listing on the Talent App Store.
- TAS Trouble Shooting Support: means TAS online support for your questions as you develop your App or if you encounter technical problems with your App's functionality.
- Third Parties: means any person, company, body corporate, entity, governmental or regulatory authority in any country, or any member of the TAS Group.